Saturday, July 12, 2008

Rate Cap Revisited

In my last post I complained that I was being rate capped by Virgin Media. I said I didn't mind them having a capping policy, but it ought to be public. I also complained I wasn't getting the full bandwidth I was paying for.

Turns out I was wrong on both counts. Their rate capping policy is here. I did look for it before posting, and it could be easier to find. But its there, its public, and it says everything I would expect it to.

As for bandwidth, the "Large" package I am signed up for was originally for 4 Mbits, which is what I am getting. Virgin are currently upgrading their network to give everyone 10Mbits, and my region is due to be upgraded this month. However new customers get the full 10Mbits wherever they are. I just looked at their headline offer and assumed it applied to me as well.

So, I no longer have any issues with Virgin Multimedia.

No comments: